Winter's Spell

According to my blog, the last update I made on this account was on June 24, 2012. If I calculate that correctly it's been approximately 6 months since i've done anything on this. Though I won't go into detail, just know if I had choice i'd rather much be typing to you, my nonexistent friend, aka blog, about what my everyday consists of, but for now i'll just get straight to what this blog is really all about - PHOTOGRAPHY.

Lately, I haven't been picking up a camera as much as I would want to be. It seems every time I feel like doing a shoot, I either get tired or--who am I kidding, i'm always tired. Maybe it's the changing of the seasons, or how it's so dang cold I have to wear socks and snuggle under layers of blankets before even feeling a tad warm. Whichever reason seems more bonafide, i'll use that. BUT, miraculously, I felt the inclination to do a shoot. The sun is finally shining down! Ironic, considering I hate the sun shining down...more like the diffused sun beating down.

I did a shoot with the wonderful beauty guru, Pauline, aka pmofoshoo. You can find her youtube channel here. It was a wonderful winter day, and because it was incredibly overcast, we were able to get shots all throughout the shoot without worrying about the sun's harsh light. We went to one of my favorite parks to shoot portraits due to the fact that the area is so versatile. I'm the type of person that likes to capture things without the thought of 'I'll photoshop that later'. I want to get the right quality on the camera, then not edit the photo in post-production, but merely enhance the already great image. Through all the hustle and bustle, I was careless when it came to signs, trashcans and the occasional speedbump on the road. Like I said earlier, i'm not a big fan of editing things out, but after reviewing my pictures I noticed a sign posted on the grass as well as trash cans. Now, that just won't do.

This is the original photograph. It's beautiful, but little did I know, a sign and a pair of trash cans made their way into the image.

The sign and trash cans are edited out. I'm absolutely horrid at photo manipulation, so I must say, that's not too bad.