"HALO" god..you there?

Recently i haven't been shooting as much events, but not because of the lack of requests. It's like my brain lately has shut down. Tonight i had a friend take me to a college "crave" seminar. I thought at first, "oh, they are probably just gonna preach my brains out for the lord" But surprisingly no, the moment i stepped foot in front of the refinery i was mass hugged by people who i just had been acquainted with via my friend Ty. I met people that were my race, people that gamed and just well "normal" teens wanting to listen to the word of god and what it has to offer.

I wonder if we are ever going to make it even through the doors with this mass hysteria of hugs, hugs and more damn hugs. Am i complaining though? No. Why you ask..? Well, because my first made up images of this so called "crave" were girls with dresses: no cleavage, skin and everything below the knees. Guys: button down shirts, slacks, black shiny shoes. Boy was i freaking wrong. I know mentally, i was judging but could you honestly blame me?


One crazy part of that whole experience was the music. You hear gospels, christian rock bands and don't really think anything of it then you hear what i heard tonight, you'll be getting chills just like i did.
I don't believe you have to go church every single week to be loved. I believe you love who you love not based on race, religion, or sex. I believe that wherever you are if you believe that miracles can happen. That being said i think i will go to these weekly meetings and see where it takes me. I asked to be plugged into the program and offer what i have to give, no..not money..i'm a broke photographer. I'm offering photo services.



Next week there will be a musical event instead of the regular meetings that they have so it should be interesting. I'll be taking pictures there. If you are in the Orange County area i urge you to participate and maybe i'll see you there!